Sunday 15 February 2009

Couple of amazing songs




Headless Heroes' album Silence of Love is well worth listening to. Here is a track from the album called "The North Wind Blew South". It evokes thoughts of folk music of the 1960s and 1970s and is simply beautiful.

Here

I wonder if there is anyone out there who has not heard "Paper Planes" by a very talented young lady calling herself M.I.A. yet? It has most notably been featured on the soundtrack to recent box office smash "Slumdog Millionaire".


The song itself is so good on so many levels. It's actually an ironic look at immigration which I think is very clever but the sound is amazing. It was pointed out to me that it is a sample of The Clash's "Straight to Hell" which means it's not totally original but from what I've looked up, a lot of Strummer and Jones fans are actually pleased that their forgotten treasure is attracting listeners again.

Paper Planes

Seriously though, M.I.A. is one amazing woman. Check it out

No comments:

Post a Comment