Saturday 10 January 2009

Expanding...

Okay, sorry to be posting again but I didn't fully explain what I want to do with this blog in the first entry and I am aiming not to go back and edit entries.

I want to also use this space to talk about music that I love, and to talk about artists I respect, and bands that I have only just heard about - because they are unsigned or don't have a big record company promoting them or whatever.

At the moment I am loving Fleet Foxes. I bought their album in Zavvi a few weeks ago for only £5 and it rocks. I had heard about them prior to this as Uncut magazine had given them an award.

I would describe their music as folky chillout rock but that's just me. I don't have a degree in music.

Have a listen at http://www.myspace.com/fleetfoxes

They seem hardworking and genuine. Their album cover is also brilliant.

I find their music very peaceful and inspiring.

It reminds me very much of late 60s early 70s folk rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment