Sunday 11 January 2009

Guns N' Roses

I start my course tomorrow evening! I shall be studying a course called PTTLS which is Preparing To Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector. I'm very excited and very nervous!

Of course before I go to do that I have to endure a day at my full-time job as an administrator which I do not enjoy at all.

Anyway, I'd like to talk a band that I have loved for a very long time - Guns N' Roses. They might have had more changes to their line-up than I've had hot dinners but they have been my undefeated all-time favourite band for the past six years and I really think they are amazing.

I find their songs help me when I am angry, frustrated, stressed out or generally feeling negative. They help me to just say "sod it!"

The lead singer, songwriter and pianist W. Axl Rose is possibly one of the most talented living men in music and to me he is certainly a living legend. His voice is totally distinctive too.

The band itself has been around since the early eighties!

It's difficult to choose my favourite Guns N' Roses song but it has to be November Rain. At over 9 minutes long, with touching lyrics and with some brilliant guitar solos from the marvellous Slash, this song is beautiful.

They have also just released their new album - Chinese Democracy which I highly recommend.

Check them out at http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=12994546 you won't find their old classics here I'm afraid but it has previews of Chinese Democracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment