Sunday 11 January 2009

Mixed bag

I saw a band at The Golden Lion in Bristol with my boyfriend a couple of months ago called the Manfredi Funk Initiative which totally blew me away. They're a funk/jazz band with a very talented saxophonist.

I really like to see a good saxophonist because I play the clarinet and it inspires me. I enjoyed them so much that I booked tickets to see them again on New Year's Eve!

Have a little listen here:

www.myspace.com/mfiquartet

Now, here is a lady with a lovely singing voice, Adrianne Sebastian Scott. She is also a Jeff Buckley fan, which gives her extra brownie points in my eyes!

http://www.myspace.com/adriannesebastianscott

Aaaand to close, I'll leave you with a little bit of light-hearted poetry from myself...

Poem about Fruit

I bought a bag full of fruit today
It cost me under a pound
An orange, some grapes, a banana
And the ripest plum I found

It was something that would be good for me
And help me lose some weight
'Cause fruit has a low G.I.
Or something I was told by a mate

So I made my way through the bag
Boring though it was for me
'Til all I had left was the orange
Which I looked at thoughtfully

As I peeled I noticed it
Was mostly made of water and air
And as I took a bite
I tasted bitterness there

But it was not as bad
As at first it did seem
'Cause I smothered all over it
A big dollop of cream!

4 comments:

  1. I have read some of your posts and would like to revisit.

    If you like reading short stories from an Indian writer, then a visit to my blogs would be an interesting one for you.

    Naval Langa
    SHORT STORIES by NAVAL LANGA
    PAINTINGS GALLERIES

    Another Interesting Blog LIFESTYLE AND RELATIONSHIP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, some interesting blogs there! I shall have a little read of your stories.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete