Sunday 22 March 2009

Youtube



I don't know if everyone is aware of this but Youtube has been stopped from showing music videos whose rights belong to certain record companies. This means that a lot less music videos are available to watch now. I can't find any articles to link to but if you go to Youtube and look for ten random music videos you are pretty much guaranteed to hit a wall with one or two.

So...what do we do? Well, how about making your own music video and putting it on Youtube? It's not as difficult as it sounds. Buy or download your favourite song and get a good camera or better yet, enlist the help of a friend who knows a thing or two about making films and taking good photographs, put your film with the song and voila!

I'm sure I am not the only music lover out there who, when listening to her playlist conjures up their own images in their head. I think it'd be good to turn this into a real art form. You could also use it as an opportunity to advertise a music or a photography website.

In other news, head over to Fopp! It's a brilliant record shop that stocks mainly music by talented artists and interesting books and films. And it's really, really cheap! To find your nearest store go to http://www.foppreturns.com/

I bought Suzi Quatro's autobiography - Unzipped for £4 and Robert Plant and Jimmy Page's album, No Quarter for £3! I can't wait to sink my teeth into these.

I'm still involved with Oxjam and will be keeping you updated with all my activities with them.

Last Thursday I went to the Poetry Cafe at 22 Betterton Street in Convent Garden and picked up a load of Poetry books for free. Unbelievable. They are really good books with not just actual poems but also interviews with poets and interesting articles.

2 comments:

  1. Well... youtube really annoys me. I don't understand it. There are tones of junk videos and the worst always the comments below. They are doing absolutely nothing for that, and suddenly they decided to take action for the copyrights? What about racism videos, drug abuse, adult fights or even child fights? Those do not deserve delete?

    I don't like it the way it works it looks nonsense to me. I have disabled all the comments on my youtube videos add them all on my blog where everyone can comment no-anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right about Youtube, there are loads of rubbish videos.

    This is sad but I like looking for scenes from Buffy but all I find are stupid video collages probably made by 13 year old emos with Evanescence playing in the background...grrr!

    ReplyDelete