Saturday 28 March 2009

Suzi Quatro Unzipped

This is Suzi Quatro's autobiography which is one of my fabulous buys at Fopp. I finished reading it on Thursday and I must say, it has to be up there with my favourite books of all time.

I have to admit, although I have never possessed a record of hers, I have been a fan since I was 9 years old when my mum took me and my sister to see her live at Butlins. She came on at 11PM and I was asleep in my chair! But boy, did her music wake me up!

Okay, she's no Robert Plant. But she has an amazing voice and she has written some wonderful songs.

Her autobiography was definitely written by her, 100%. And the way in which she tells her story is so unique, intimate and honest. I just found the whole thing interesting and I was actually sad when I finished the book!

For those that don't know, she played Leather Tuscerado in Happy Days, she played Annie Oakley in the West End show Annie Get Your Gun. She had major UK hits with "Devil Gate Drive" and "Can the Can" and she can count Elvis Presley as a fan!

Her life has been so interesting but what you get from the book is the soul of a truly inspirational and humble person.





In other news, I have successfully completed my PTLLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment