Tuesday 5 May 2009

Mika!


Who would have thought a lonely, bullied Lebanese kid could grow up to be a talented and visionary songwriter and performer with 283,998 friends on myspace (when this was published), a host of awards including Ivor Novello Song of The Year 2008 and the BRIT for Best British Breakthrough Act 2008, and be a hero for so many people?

His debut album "Life in Cartoon Motion" can not only boast having the most number of songs on a given album that I really like, but also amazing artwork that the guy himself contributed to.

His album has definitely got the biggest feel-good factor of any album I have listened to in my life, with songs like Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) and Lollipop. But it's more than that.

I feel as a fellow former child bully victim that his music truly connects with me, unlike any other artist's work.

There's only one question us Mika lovers are asking.

When is Mika's next album coming out?!

To be honest, I think if this one album was all he ever produced in his life, it would be more than enough. I just feel he is capable of getting more out.

Any Mika fans out there? What do you think? Have I missed the announcement?

4 comments:

  1. Mika's new album is coming out this fall -- in the meantime he's releasing an EP that's due out later this month. For all the latest news about Mika, you should check mikafanclub.com -- we have the latest and greatest on this amazing singer, songwriter, performer extraordinaire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, thanks, will check it out :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of him -- but now I have. I'm going to check him out. Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo, I am glad to have enlightened you :)

    ReplyDelete