Tuesday 12 May 2009

Paul Hegley



^^From Paul Hegley's Myspace: Him in the recording studio.

I went along to the Bull and Gate in Kentish Town in London last night to watch my cousin, Paul Hegley, solo singer and guitarist play an acoustic set.

He played four original songs, "Bricklayer Blues", "Smalltown Celebrity", "What I Really Love", and one yet to be recorded - all written by himself - and one cover; Bob Marley's "Jammin'".

All of the lyrics of his own songs conjure up plenty of imagery and the guitar fretwork is just amazing; proper bluesy stuff.

His cover included a new arrangement and sounded very interesting to say the least.

If I had to say who Paul Hegley's voice most reminded me of I would venture a cross between Jon Bon Jovi and Luke from the Kooks, but that doesn't really do it justice.

Before you make any comments you shall have to check out his myspace, where you can listen to his three recorded songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment